Madden 23 update 1.05 (1.005.000) is now available to download on PS4, PS5, and Xbox Series X. According to the official Madden 23 1.05 patch notes, the latest update improves many aspects of the game such as; Franchise, MUT, Gameplay, Authenticity, and Player Likeness. Apart from this, Madden NFL 23 version 1.05 (1.005) also addresses many of the reported issues we have had since launch.
Recently, the game was released with mostly positive reviews. Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are still experiencing several issues with the game. Madden 23 patch 1.05 (1.005.000) will fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
Madden 23 Update 1.05 Patch Notes (1.005.000) – October 13, 2022
- Addressed a bug with pass block targeting resulting in an interior pass rusher being left unblocked when the defense would use a specific pre-snap set-up in the 4-3 Even 61 formations.
- Addressed a bug with pass block targeting that would allow edge rushers to be unblocked when pinching the defensive line and bringing down the safety on Nickel Over Storm Brave vs. a pass-blocked running back.
Improved Block and Release logic for tight ends so they don’t release so quickly in scenarios where there is a rusher for him to block; also improved blocking animations so they are better at engaging or impact blocking rushers on collision.
- Addressed a bug with pass block targeting allowing an unblocked rusher when the defense would pinch their linebackers and sit a linebacker in a gap in the Dollar 3-2 Spinner play.
- Changed QB Contain assignment logic so second level defenders, stack linebackers and defenders lined up in those positions will not be able to be assigned QB Contain.
- Addressed a bug with pass block targeting allowing a defensive end to be unblocked out of Nickel Over Blitz.
- Addressed a bug causing multiple mid-air interaction animations to trigger before the ball arrived, causing the receiver to miss the ball.
- Tuning to catching for Wide Receivers to catch less tipped balls.
- Addressed a bug preventing the Interception Gameplay Slider from significantly impacting the catch frequency for defenders.
- Fixed a catching animation issue causing running backs to turn the wrong way on a catch coming out of the backfield.
- Fixed a catching animation preventing receivers from attempting a catch asking for a RAC catch on a smoke screen.
- Fixed a catching animation issue causing the receiver to use an effort catch on a catchable pass.
- Fixed a catching animation issue causing the receiver to sometimes use a possession catch when requesting a RAC catch.
- Addressed a bug preventing defenders from playing a knockout in some situations where one was being requested.
Ball Carrier & Tackling
- Addressed a bug sometimes causing ball carriers to juke in the incorrect direction when holding the ball in their left hand.
- Addressed a bug allowing ball carriers with no stamina remaining to engage in Stand Up Tackles.
Updated Stand Up Tackle indicators to provide feedback in more appropriate locations based on the mode and camera view being used; also updated Stand Up tackle indicators in Skills Trainer.
- Tuning to the Juke-Hurdle combo animations to ensure the height and speed of the animations is appropriate.
- Tuning to pursuit when using the Strip-Ball mechanic to reduce over-steering the defender away from the ball carrier.
Pre & Post Play
- Addressed a bug sometimes causing the ball carrier to point in the wrong direction during some first down celebrations.
- Fixed a rare issue causing a player to sometimes be frozen after the play.
- Addressed a bug causing players to improperly switch positions before the play in Online SSKO games when using audibles or play-flipping.
- Addressed a bug allowing the offense unlimited hot routes without the QB playing the corresponding animations while sending a receiver in motion.
- Fixed a stadium issue causing media members on the sidelines to clip through the stadium walls in specific stadiums.
- Addressed a bug causing the “Roar of the Crowd” Dynamic Gameday modifier to force a route to go backwards.
- Addressed a bug sometimes allowing the offense to see the defensive zone art during the play in Online Head-to-Head games.
- Fixed a rare issue causing the offensive coach-cam art to persist on the field during the play.
- Addressed a bug sometimes causing fade routes to break after a long press animation by the defender.
- Addressed a bug causing the safety in a Curl-Flat assignment to motion out wide with a halfback motioned to an outside receiver position instead of the Outside-Deep Third cornerback.
- Addressed a bug causing the rushing averages shown in the Next Gen Stat presentation to be incorrect.
- Addressed a bug preventing sacks from being counted correctly in the Medium NFL Blitz Drill in the Gauntlet.
- Addressed a bug preventing pass conditions from tracking correctly in the Skills Trainer Gauntlet Pass Leading challenges.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that was impacting a high volume of users in Franchise and Face of the Franchise.
- Dev Note: This was leading to issues with losing progress due to being disconnected, and users unable to progress in face of the franchise at contract negotiation points
- Addressed a bug where CPU teams would immediately end negotiations with a player if they don’t have the cap space to negotiate with them.
Dev Note: If the CPU team does not have enough Cap Space to make an offer on a player during in-season re-signing, they will now wait to make a final decision until the offseason Re-Sign period. This waiting period will allow for additional opportunities in Cap movement to occur that may result in a team gaining enough Cap Space to make an offer at a later date.
- Addressed a bug where CPU teams weren’t targeting players during re-sign as expected
- Addressed a bug where using a skill point on the Playmaker archetype was not increasing the correct attributes
- Addressed a bug where the Top Threat was sometimes a player that didn’t make sense
- Addressed a bug where a player’s name and position would appear as a macro in the goals hub after completing a scenario goal
- Addressed a bug where goals were sometimes incorrectly showing as completed in the end of game flow
- Addressed a bug where some players abilities did not match what they had on the front end
- Addressed a bug where the Rams NFC and Super Bowl Championships were doubled
- Fixed a crash that would occur when loading into Formation Subs without a head coach
- Addressed a bug where players on IR were able to be used to get trade offers
- Addressed a bug causing the wrong name to be shown on the player jersey in some Franchise scenario scenes
- Addressed a bug causing all team gear in scenarios to appear as the Buccaneers after relocating a team, retiring and then taking control of the same team
Face of the Franchise Updates:
- Addressed a bug preventing calfs from updating when using the morph sliders in player customization
- Addressed a bug causing the Avatar Level and OVR rating UI containers to overlap
- Added pip indicator to the Upgrade Player menu item when upgrade points are available
- Addressed a bug preventing Pro Bowl uniforms from appearing correctly in the post-game locker room
- Addressed a bug sometimes preventing passing and pass coverage ability perks from triggering appropriately
- Various UI improvements made to the Side Activities screen
- General Stability improvements and fixes
Madden Ultimate Team Updates:
- Fixed issue causing crash on Field Pass Reward
- Improved Field Pass XP total and level display
- Consolidated Rewards Flow display
- Various Player Images updated
- Fixed issue causing disconnect within Field Pass
- Fixed issue causing soft lock in Squads
- Removed scaling issues throughout screens
- General stability improvements
- Fixed issue within Sets that was causing a crash
The Yard Updates:
- Most Feared Vanity Capsule
- Nike SC High Trainers added
NFL Authenticity Updates:
- New Face Scans added to these players:
- Christian Barmore – DT – Patriots
- Elijah Mitchell – RB – 49ers
- Pat Freiermuth – TE – Steelers
- Andrew Booth Jr. – CB – Vikings
- Willie Gay – LB – Chiefs
- Trent McDuffie – CB – Chiefs
- Uniform Updates
- Black Helmet Added for Eagles Alternates
- Jets Black Helmet Added for Jets Alternate
- Cowboys White Helmet added for Color Rush
- Helmet fixes to Vicis Zero2 and Trench to allow proper positioning
- New Cleats added
- Adidas Primeknit
- Adidas Freak Ultra 22
- Adidas Freak
- Adidas Adizero
- Nike Alpha Menace Elite 3
- Stadium Updates
- Steelers Stadium Rebrand
- Browns new field art
- Rams field goal pad updated
- Bears tarps updated
- Bengals Edgewall and tarps updated
- Giants Edgewalls updated
Presentation and UI Updates:
- Shortened the end-of-drive flow in Face of the Franchise
- Reduced the blind spots in Cinematic version of Player Lock Camera
- Addressed a bug with players disappearing from huddle when timeout was called
- Fixed the incorrect wipe in Superstar KO postgame flow
- Various stability fixes
- Various polish updates to the User Interface
- Fixed issue where difficulty setting in Team Select Pre Game that was not matching difficulty in Game Options from the Pause Menu
- Fixed issue where Visual Feedback settings were not loaded in Play Now
- Fixed issue where Tug-o-War graphic stays on screen the entire game
- Removed non-inclusive language around vision settings
Download free Madden 23 version 1.05 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.
We are an automatic aggregator of gaming guides and news. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.